Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight

This review falls under the category of "I can't believe some of my friends have never seen this movie".

In 1995 HBO brought their award-winning series to the big screen with Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight. A Classic was born.

Like the TV series, it's an homage to B movies: kinda campy, and a bit adult (gore, nudity & language). But, also like the series, it's totally engrosing, not too scary or long (92 min), funny, well written and acted.

I'm not going to tell you the plot. Don't look it up. It's not very complicated. Just watch it!

I'll just say I love this movie for what it is: a perfect distraction. Not Academy Award material but just plain fun. Its witty writing, decent story and awesome acting (esp. Billy Zane!) keep me watching it to this day.

No comments: