Monday, March 11, 2013

Searching for Sugar Man

I cannot possibly recommend this movie more!

2012's Searching for Sugar Man is a documentary about 2 South Africans who try to find out what happened to their musical hero, 1970's American folk singer Rodriquez.

Whoooo? Never heard of him. Why should I watch an hour and a half documentary about someone I never heard of? And a type of music I'm not too fond of, for that matter??

These are the questions I was asking myself when I hit the play button. And believe me, I did have my doubts - even through much of the first third, or so, of the movie. 

But it gets more and more interesting and entertaining as it goes. And by the time it ended...

I don't want to give anything away. But WOW! 

This is a real "Power of Music" story! And a must-rent!

No comments: